Advice and assistance with complaints

If you are unsure whether you can make a complaint to the Commission, contact our free Queensland-wide information and enquiry service. We can arrange an interpreter if required.

We can give confidential information about your rights and responsibilities under the Anti-Discrimination Act, but we cannot provide legal advice, or help you prepare your complaint.

If we can’t deal with your complaint, we will try to refer you to an agency which can help you.

Legal advice and assistance

If you need help lodging a complaint, you can contact Legal Aid Queensland and ask to be booked into a Discrimination Advice Clinic.

You can also contact any of the following Community Legal Centres to ask for assistance in making a discrimination complaint:

Alternatively, the Queensland Law Society can refer you to a private lawyer.